Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Launchpad shortcuts

Mac Pro: Can I add a shortcut to Launchpad?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 10, 2022 4:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2022 5:52 AM

In addition to what dialabrain said: the most convenient place to add “shortcuts” to commonly used folders is in Finder window sidebar.

You can put there just by dragging. Then use Command-N to open a new window and click the shortcut to go directly to the desired folder.

FWIW I also never use Launchpad either.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2022 5:52 AM in response to cliffordfromvirginia beach

In addition to what dialabrain said: the most convenient place to add “shortcuts” to commonly used folders is in Finder window sidebar.

You can put there just by dragging. Then use Command-N to open a new window and click the shortcut to go directly to the desired folder.

FWIW I also never use Launchpad either.

Dec 10, 2022 5:21 AM in response to dialabrain

I'm a new (1 week) Mac user. In Windows I could make a shortcut to a folder and put it in what Mac calls a launchpad. I don't know if thats possible with my Mac Pro. I'm not sure it's even needed at this point in my learning.

I'm using Ventura. Didn't see it as an option when completing question. I don't know how to relocate question.

Launchpad shortcuts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.