Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My notes disappeared from my IPhone 12, no idea why

How do I recover notes that disappeared from my iPhone 12, using iCloud as backup.

Posted on Dec 10, 2022 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2022 11:00 AM

In Notes on iCloud.com, select Recently Deleted in the folder list on the left. If you see your missing note, select it and click restore. If you do not see Recently Deleted, you do not have any notes in that folder, and there is nothing to be recovered.

If you have been using iCloud to back up your notes on your iPhone 12, you can try recovering them by restoring your phone from an iCloud backup. To do this, follow these steps:

• On your iPhone 12, go to Settings > General > Reset.
  • Tap on "Erase All Content and Settings".
  • In the setup assistant, choose "Restore from iCloud Backup".
  • Sign in to iCloud and choose the backup that contains your missing notes.
  • Wait for the restore process to complete.
  • Keep in mind that restoring from an iCloud backup will erase all the data on your phone, so make sure you have a recent backup before proceeding. Also, note that any notes that were created or edited after the date of your iCloud backup will not be restored.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2022 11:00 AM in response to jimfromwindsor

In Notes on iCloud.com, select Recently Deleted in the folder list on the left. If you see your missing note, select it and click restore. If you do not see Recently Deleted, you do not have any notes in that folder, and there is nothing to be recovered.

If you have been using iCloud to back up your notes on your iPhone 12, you can try recovering them by restoring your phone from an iCloud backup. To do this, follow these steps:

• On your iPhone 12, go to Settings > General > Reset.
  • Tap on "Erase All Content and Settings".
  • In the setup assistant, choose "Restore from iCloud Backup".
  • Sign in to iCloud and choose the backup that contains your missing notes.
  • Wait for the restore process to complete.
  • Keep in mind that restoring from an iCloud backup will erase all the data on your phone, so make sure you have a recent backup before proceeding. Also, note that any notes that were created or edited after the date of your iCloud backup will not be restored.

My notes disappeared from my IPhone 12, no idea why

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.