Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data usage by apps that I’ve never used

When not using my iPad, I keep the cellular data turned off and have connected to wifi less than half a dozen times. My primary use is managing my eBay store, reading and responding to emails, and searches in Safari. Oh, and watching Netflix or Amazon prime movies when I go to bed at night.

However, when I looked at the data usage by individual apps, there’s a number of apps listed toward the top of most data used that I’ve never even opened, let alone used. I’ve reviewed the App Privacy Report, but these apps don’t show up there. I’ve underlined the apps in the attached list for which I question the data use.

Is there a different way, besides the privacy report (which doesn’t help) to find out how, why or what is using data under these apps?

(I admittedly have security issues since an ex-boyfriend’s wife has been stalking me. She had a computer repair business so I know she’s capable of hacking my phone, iPad, computer, etc.)

Thank you in advance for any information you can give me. I appreciate your time.

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Dec 10, 2022 2:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2022 2:50 PM

You're not being hacked. Those are Apple system services, not apps, and will communicate data to enable functionality across your device.

Similar questions

4 replies

Data usage by apps that I’ve never used

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.