Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad pro 12,9” first gen battery problem or update related?

I have an iPad Pro 12,9” first gen. It is a replacement that I got in 2019 (the first one got replaced because it didn’t recognize the SIM, the second died after 3 months).

It is well used. About 5 to 6 hours a day. So, yes more than 1.000 batterycycles.

Before the update of iPadOS to 16, no battery related problems occurred.

After the update to iPadOS 16 the iPad crashes as soon as I open an app that starts to refresh its content at opening. Even with a fully loaded battery. When I restart I get the batteryindicator with the red indicator and the cord, indicating a low battery (it’s just diconnected after a 100% charge).

This does not happen as long as the charger is connected and charging.

So there is clearly a sign that the iPad is using to much energy from the battery.

The big question however is: is this caused by iOS16 or by a bad battery?

will a new battery solve my problems?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Dec 11, 2022 3:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2022 9:04 AM

If you continue to experience difficulties, you might be best advised to seek assistance directly from from Apple Support - and request a remote diagnostic test. You can contact the Support Team using the Support link at top-right or bottom-left of this page. Alternatively and perhaps easier, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

You might also visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2022 9:04 AM in response to avdb1955

If you continue to experience difficulties, you might be best advised to seek assistance directly from from Apple Support - and request a remote diagnostic test. You can contact the Support Team using the Support link at top-right or bottom-left of this page. Alternatively and perhaps easier, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

You might also visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Ipad pro 12,9” first gen battery problem or update related?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.