Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My Phone only works on WiFi not cellular?

I have a data plan and cellular data is turned on, full strength on cell signal. Yet no location found using Find My Phone. It only works when connected to WiFi.

How can I rectify this? I need locations when not on WiFi

The message apper when I oppen (on 4 or 5 g) the Find My:

"Find My unavailable

Unable to conect o server. Please try again latter"

Please help me.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Dec 11, 2022 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 11:55 AM

Thanks dear, I never have this problem before, well I migrate from ip11 to 14... And this happen... I answer, sent a mensagem to suporte apple, an they direct me to restore the ISP setthings, and magic after this problem solved!

Steps:

Reset your Network Settings

Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Thx for all and mary xmas!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2022 11:55 AM in response to Bob Timmons

Thanks dear, I never have this problem before, well I migrate from ip11 to 14... And this happen... I answer, sent a mensagem to suporte apple, an they direct me to restore the ISP setthings, and magic after this problem solved!

Steps:

Reset your Network Settings

Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Thx for all and mary xmas!

Dec 13, 2022 6:51 PM in response to FZANI84

Hey there FZANI84,

To help isolate the issue, can you check if you notice any issues when using cellular data on your iPhone? Try using Safari and other apps while Wi-Fi is disabled so you can check if this is affected as well.

Next, go to Settings > Cellular and scroll to check if Find My is allowed access to your cellular data. If it's not green, you'll want to enable it here. This should resolve the issue if isolated to the phone.

Should you notice an overall issue with cellular data, you'll want to reach out to your carrier directly so they can look into things on their end.

For additional help and information on cellular data, check out: Use cellular data on your iPhone or iPad

Take care!

Find My Phone only works on WiFi not cellular?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.