Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Lock Screen Clock Font IOS 16 1.2 Update

I recently updated the software for my iPhone 12 mini. The lock screen clock font is the most obnoxious 'update' I've ever been subjected to. I am able to see this new information from a block away. Why didn't Apple at least give us the option to chose our own size of font? Maybe it is too complicated for the developers? This should be a personal choice for the user.

Thank you for listening.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 5:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 9:18 AM

For information on changing the Lock Screen, see information in Personalize your iPhone Lock Screen - Apple Support

including the following:

• Change the style of the time: Tap Customize, tap the time, then select a font, color, and shade by tapping .

6 replies

Dec 12, 2022 11:29 AM in response to Apple12Newbie

Apple12Newbie wrote:

Tap 'customize' where? IN the customization for the lock screen the font sizes are all the same.

None of these suggestions help with the size of the font. I don't want a gigantic font on my lock screen. What can I do to get back to my IOS 15 font size / style for the lock screen clock? At least the 'thinness' of that font was more desirable to me, and I'm sure other users as well. I've noticed the comment threads.

Again, maybe we should be allowed to have more options rather than the blanket decision that all of the users would want someone's only idea of what should be offered.

Thanks, Giulio.

You're welcome,

This is a user to user tech support forum and we, just users like you, are not aware of Apple future plans/decisions. That's why I suggested to let Apple know your request directly.

Regards

Giulio

Dec 12, 2022 10:16 AM in response to ProustGiulio

Tap 'customize' where? IN the customization for the lock screen the font sizes are all the same.

None of these suggestions help with the size of the font. I don't want a gigantic font on my lock screen. What can I do to get back to my IOS 15 font size / style for the lock screen clock? At least the 'thinness' of that font was more desirable to me, and I'm sure other users as well. I've noticed the comment threads.

Again, maybe we should be allowed to have more options rather than the blanket decision that all of the users would want someone's only idea of what should be offered.

Thanks, Giulio.

New Lock Screen Clock Font IOS 16 1.2 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.