Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No iMessage alerts on Suunto 9 Peak

I've not been able to receive alerts on my Suunto 9 Peak from iMessage from my iPhone 13 Pro Max. I receive alerts for all my email accounts, but not iMessage.

How do I get iMessage to alert on my Suunto?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 7:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 9:12 AM

did all those steps and it never worked.

I found below steps in a Suunto Forum and it is the solve. Weird upgrade from IOS.

iOS upgrade fix. Here’s what I did:

• Go to Settings > Notifications > Messages
  • Under ‘Options’ go to Show Previews.
  • Change to ‘When Unlocked’.

9 replies

Dec 12, 2022 8:19 AM in response to KiltedTim

Great idea and they indicate that Apple may be blocking iMessage notifications.

Again, all email accounts (Outlook, Live, Google, and my private business domain) alert, FB Messenger, phone calls, etc. are functioning. The ONLY notification not working is iMessage.

I'm asking for a fix or Apple to own up that they are blocking access to 3rd parties to alert on iMessages.

Dec 15, 2022 6:31 AM in response to KiltedTim

I did finally get it to work and it was on the iPhone. I had to remove access to iMessage from the Suunto app and re-apply it a few times before it finally worked.

And to be clear, no messages SMS/iMessage were alerting on the watch. I was only receiving alerts from email accounts, both from M365 and Gmail, and FB Messenger.

Dec 27, 2022 7:00 AM in response to faza226

Essentially I took the steps shared in the YouTube clip about three times, rebooting the iPhone between each attempt. Finally after the third attempt Emails and iMessages were being sent to my wristwatch.

Weirdly, I had followed the Suunto directions which were identical to the video, but it did not work immediately.

Try this a couple of times until it works. Also make sure your Suunto is up to date with firmware updates etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p_kCeSYO4o

No iMessage alerts on Suunto 9 Peak

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.