Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just bought my iphone14 and set up a code which I cant remember. How to reset it?

I just need to reset my new iphone14 to set it up all again. Unfortunately, I couldn't even get in the home screen and login to my apple account. I just set up a password that I can't remember because I was caught in the middle of something.

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 7:20 AM

If you do not remember the Apple ID Password then follow the steps given in this Apple Article -> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you do not remember the Apple ID then follow the steps given in this Apple Article -> If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you are the owner or the owner has shared all information with you then to open Activation Lock:- If it is Activation locked, read here --> Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Learn how to remove a device from a previous owner's account.

If you are not the owner and do not have the Apple ID and Password then there is no way that you can get into this iPhone unless the original owner shares the Apple ID and password with you. If you are lucky you can get into this iPhone if they (owner) accidentally remove the device from their Apple ID.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2022 7:20 AM in response to TheDoubleF

If you do not remember the Apple ID Password then follow the steps given in this Apple Article -> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you do not remember the Apple ID then follow the steps given in this Apple Article -> If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you are the owner or the owner has shared all information with you then to open Activation Lock:- If it is Activation locked, read here --> Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Learn how to remove a device from a previous owner's account.

If you are not the owner and do not have the Apple ID and Password then there is no way that you can get into this iPhone unless the original owner shares the Apple ID and password with you. If you are lucky you can get into this iPhone if they (owner) accidentally remove the device from their Apple ID.

Dec 12, 2022 7:30 AM in response to TheDoubleF

What were the results when you followed the instructions in the Apple Support document linked above your name in your original post?

Might be a good idea to write down your new passcode and keep it in a safe place so you won't face another situation where you cannot remember a passcode that you were sure that you would never forget.

Dec 12, 2022 8:23 AM in response to SravanKrA

It's new and for myself. I didn't login with my Apple ID - I made a password for the iPhone but I just forgot. I don't know what to do and I keep locking the iPhone because of the wrong password to unlock the screen.

I bought 2 weeks ago and I have the receipt and all of those to prove that it's mine.

Unfortunately, I had to stop setting up the iPhone because of a personal emergency and I made this mistake.

Just bought my iphone14 and set up a code which I cant remember. How to reset it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.