Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monitor has lower resolution on M1 Studio??

I have a NEC Multisync LCD 2690WUXi and I just upgraded my mac to a Studio M1. Using a DVI to USB C cable, my maximum resolution now in the software display control panel is 1280x720. I can’t get the 1920 x 1080.  I have checked "show all resolutions." but 1920 is not available.  

Does anyone have any ideas or solutions? 

Mac Studio, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 9:10 AM

FYI: I was able to update the default settings to 1920 x 1080 using this app. !!!  And I got my system to work.

waydabber/BetterDisplay: Unlock your displays on your Mac! Smooth scaling, HiDPI unlock, XDR/HDR extra brightness upscale, DDC, brightness and dimming, dummy displays, PIP and lots more!

github.com

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2022 10:01 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Cable Matters Short USB C to DVI Cable (USB-C to DVI Cable) 3 ft - Thunderbolt 4 / USB4 / Thunderbolt 3 Port Compatible https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B076TDXYJG?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

and

OWCTB4DOCK

OWC Thunderbolt Dock with Thunderbolt cable. Add three Thunderbolt + four USB ports, Ethernet, audio, and card reader functionality to all Apple silicon M1 and M2 Macs, Thunderbolt 3 equipped Macs and Thunderbolt 4 PCs; 2 Year OWC Limited Warranty.

Monitor has lower resolution on M1 Studio??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.