Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble signing in with Apple ID

For some reason when I go to download an app on my iPad it ask for my Apple ID password. I put it in and it sends an alert to my iPhone saying someone is trying to sign into my Apple ID near Atlanta, GA. I live nowhere near there! What do I do to fix this or why would it do this?

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 12:00 PM

Hi Ashta,

This is explained in the section titled, "The first time that you sign in with your Apple ID on a new device" by clicking on the link for this support article 'Two-factor authentication for Apple ID' --> Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

"The notification might include a map of the approximate location of the sign-in attempt. This location is based on the new device's IP address and might reflect the network that it's connected to, rather than the exact physical location."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2022 12:00 PM in response to Ashsta24

Hi Ashta,

This is explained in the section titled, "The first time that you sign in with your Apple ID on a new device" by clicking on the link for this support article 'Two-factor authentication for Apple ID' --> Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

"The notification might include a map of the approximate location of the sign-in attempt. This location is based on the new device's IP address and might reflect the network that it's connected to, rather than the exact physical location."

Trouble signing in with Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.