Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verify Certificate Mail can’t verify the identity of the server “mail.mediacombb.net"

Verify Certificate

Mail can’t verify the identity of the server “mail.mediacombb.net"

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 9:40 AM

Same symptoms here (won't verify, if it verified, will fail). There is an inconsistent setup of the Server Port and use of SSL. Happen regardless if you automatically or manually setup the mail servers, the ports, SSL, nothing works consistently). Apple doesn't properly assign the outgoing server as smtp per Mediacom definition.

The problem started 12/10/2022. Have contacted Mediacom several times. They blame Apple (Third Party Mail Server).

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2022 9:40 AM in response to edddreeb85

Same symptoms here (won't verify, if it verified, will fail). There is an inconsistent setup of the Server Port and use of SSL. Happen regardless if you automatically or manually setup the mail servers, the ports, SSL, nothing works consistently). Apple doesn't properly assign the outgoing server as smtp per Mediacom definition.

The problem started 12/10/2022. Have contacted Mediacom several times. They blame Apple (Third Party Mail Server).

Dec 26, 2022 2:20 PM in response to edddreeb85

Just got off the phone with Mediacom and yep, they say it is an Apple problem. My problem started several months ago. Originally was able to get email through, but no longer. I am still able to get email on my iPhone. Crazy, I can get gmail and yahoo mail on the same Mac, just not Mediacom!?! So, how do we check with Apple?

Dec 26, 2022 2:41 PM in response to Schn5

I have given up on Mediacom, it maybe an Apple Issue however I believe it is fundamentally a Mediacom issue and their system isn't up to standards (not suggesting I am right, rather I surmise because it has happened before). I have started converting all my accounts off Mediacom and will forward my primary email to a different provider.

Verify Certificate Mail can’t verify the identity of the server “mail.mediacombb.net"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.