Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

file import on FCPX doesn't show folders on external drive

I am using a Mac Mini M1 (Ventura 13.0.1) with FCPX 10.6.5. I have an external hard drive connected to the Mac. I also have an Apple Studio Display and have tried connecting the drive to the studio display and importing that way, but the results are the same. On the FCPX import page I can see the drive, but it doesn't show the folders on the drive. I have various clips and images within different folders, and I want to use the folder names to give the files keyword names. I'm pretty sure this would work if the folders appeared, but all I can see is many files, about 500 or so, but they are not in their folders. I've looked elsewhere online for help but the only video I saw was from many years ago and wasn't very helpful. I'm attaching an image that shows what I see.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 10:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 11:48 PM

This happens when the application sees something on the top level of the drive as a camera competent, like a camera card. This can be a folder with a name like DCIM or PRIVATE or VIDEO. Find the problem folder and rename.

Similar questions

2 replies

file import on FCPX doesn't show folders on external drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.