Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sign documents with an Apple Pencil

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 11:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 3:25 AM

The method by which you can “sign” a document with your Apple Pencil will be principally determined by the type of document that you are trying to edit.

For example, legal documents may require the use of special software - such as DocuSign.

Some PDF documents and forms are designed to be directly edited - this being achievable using an appropriate PDF viewing App. There are many PDF viewing/editing Apps from which to choose, some offering basic editing and document signing for free (perhaps consider Adobe Acrobat Reader).

For some other types of document you can use the iPad’s native markup tools - as described within the iPad User Guide:

Add typed text, shapes, and signatures with Markup on iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2022 3:25 AM in response to mpumi228

The method by which you can “sign” a document with your Apple Pencil will be principally determined by the type of document that you are trying to edit.

For example, legal documents may require the use of special software - such as DocuSign.

Some PDF documents and forms are designed to be directly edited - this being achievable using an appropriate PDF viewing App. There are many PDF viewing/editing Apps from which to choose, some offering basic editing and document signing for free (perhaps consider Adobe Acrobat Reader).

For some other types of document you can use the iPad’s native markup tools - as described within the iPad User Guide:

Add typed text, shapes, and signatures with Markup on iPad - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.