Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to fi my iphone 11 disabled for 8 hours?

what will i do to fix my iphone 11 disabled for 8 hours?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 3:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 4:03 AM

iPhone Disabled,  Unavailable, Security Lockout,  

This means someone has tried to put in the wrong passcode too many times. It could even be caused accidentally in your pocket.

If on iOS 15.2 or later You can sometimes remedy this without a computer by tapping on "erase iPhone" , but you will still need the Apple ID password. It will WIPE the phone, no choice!

How to remove your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch passcode without a computer - Apple Support

video

https://youtu.be/7s8-zLG9ySQ

To prevent it opening in your pocket or purse and disabling the phone you can turn off Raise to Wake in Settings, Display & Brightness and turn off Tap to Wake in Settings, Accessibility, Touch 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2022 4:03 AM in response to shiena115

iPhone Disabled,  Unavailable, Security Lockout,  

This means someone has tried to put in the wrong passcode too many times. It could even be caused accidentally in your pocket.

If on iOS 15.2 or later You can sometimes remedy this without a computer by tapping on "erase iPhone" , but you will still need the Apple ID password. It will WIPE the phone, no choice!

How to remove your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch passcode without a computer - Apple Support

video

https://youtu.be/7s8-zLG9ySQ

To prevent it opening in your pocket or purse and disabling the phone you can turn off Raise to Wake in Settings, Display & Brightness and turn off Tap to Wake in Settings, Accessibility, Touch 

how to fi my iphone 11 disabled for 8 hours?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.