Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Calendar won't sync with Mac

IOS 16.1.2, Ventura 13.0.1. I sync my phone with macbook using the cord. I noticed the calendar stopped updating on my phone; neither devices update each other. I don't sync thru icloud, i've looked at loads of forum responses about toggling options, signing in and out, restarting... I tried to force update the phone's calendar in the 'advanced' options section, 'update phone from my mac' at the bottom of the info tab - that doesn't force a change to the phone. I don't know what/how this randomly 'broke'. Thanks for any help about what this is and if there's something I can do.

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 12:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 3:30 AM

Do you have turn iCloud On & sign in with the same Apple ID?

See this Apple article: What does iCloud back up?

What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

• They do not include information already stored in iCloud such as Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Notes, Reminders, Voice Memos. . . . .

3 replies

Jan 17, 2023 1:51 AM in response to BWMP

Hello,

we are at least 2 in France that reported exactly the same problem on apple forum. To be more precise, I think that the sync works partially but that changes don't appear neither on the mac nor on the iPhone.

Why ? I synchronised my current iPhone, then I synchronised an old one with the same computer. And calendars on the old iPhone were coherent with the current. So the information is stored somewhere on the Mac but the Finder doesn't do the job. I had a chat several weeks ago with the support who understood the problem after a long time thinking "iCloud", and who told me they will report there issue to the development team ... no news and no improvement.

Jan 17, 2023 5:37 AM in response to cham1

I've just tried again to do a double sync (current + old with the same MacBook Pro 2020 / 13.1) and it's more complicated than what I wrote previously.

I've an SE 2nd generation and several oldies.

If I sync an iPhone 6+ / 12.5, nothing happens.

If I sync an iPhone 4S / 9.3, I see the events of the SE !

iPhone Calendar won't sync with Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.