Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore Apple Maps? Seems impossible

I’ve accidentally deleted Apple Maps. Seems impossible to restore - the normal approach of going to App Store and just pressing download doesn’t work because the only available option is Open

What am I missing? How can I get the icon back on my Home Screen?

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 2:56 PM

The Maps app is probably accidentally removed from the Home Screen, however, still exists in the App Library. The App Library is the last Home Screen on your iPhone when you continue to SWIPE LEFT until you reach it. Once you are in the App Library, then you can search and find the Maps app. Once found, then you can DRAG the app out of there and place it on your favorite spot of the Home Screen.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2022 2:56 PM in response to Metoothreefour

The Maps app is probably accidentally removed from the Home Screen, however, still exists in the App Library. The App Library is the last Home Screen on your iPhone when you continue to SWIPE LEFT until you reach it. Once you are in the App Library, then you can search and find the Maps app. Once found, then you can DRAG the app out of there and place it on your favorite spot of the Home Screen.

Axel F.

Restore Apple Maps? Seems impossible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.