Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I reset my restrictions passcode on my iPad 4

How do I reset my restrictions passcode on my iPad 4?

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 6:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 4:20 PM

If you have forgotten your Restrictions/ScreenTime Password, one of the two procedures outlined within this link should resolve the problem:

If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

The most recent iPadOS updates have introduced a mechanism whereby a forgotten ScreenTime passcode can be reset without wiping the iPad - but for older versions of iOS the iPad must be reset “as new”, losing all locally stored data.

In this situation, you’ll not be able to restore your data from an iCloud or iTunes backup - as the forgotten passcode is integral to the backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2022 4:20 PM in response to HoneyComb58

If you have forgotten your Restrictions/ScreenTime Password, one of the two procedures outlined within this link should resolve the problem:

If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

The most recent iPadOS updates have introduced a mechanism whereby a forgotten ScreenTime passcode can be reset without wiping the iPad - but for older versions of iOS the iPad must be reset “as new”, losing all locally stored data.

In this situation, you’ll not be able to restore your data from an iCloud or iTunes backup - as the forgotten passcode is integral to the backup.

How do I reset my restrictions passcode on my iPad 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.