Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV

How do I share a downloaded video on my computer to my tv using Apple TV?

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 7:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 3:03 AM

What is your model Apple TV and OS version? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

What is your model computer and OS version?

What are the media file properties (e.g. codecs)? MP4 with H.264 video and AAC audio?

1. If the media file is compatible, then you may use Home Sharing. This lets you access a library on the networked computer through the Computers app on Apple TV.
  2. If the media file is compatible with AirPlay, then you can use AirPlay to stream from within Apple TV app, iTunes for Mac, Safari for Mac, or QuickTime Player for Mac.
  3. Else you may use AirPlay Screen Mirroring on Mac to mirror the screen to the Apple TV box.
  4. On non-Apple computers, there is no official support for video AirPlay, but you may find third party software products that add a functionality that mimics AirPlay to some extent.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2022 3:03 AM in response to charlie__w0

What is your model Apple TV and OS version? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

What is your model computer and OS version?

What are the media file properties (e.g. codecs)? MP4 with H.264 video and AAC audio?

1. If the media file is compatible, then you may use Home Sharing. This lets you access a library on the networked computer through the Computers app on Apple TV.
  2. If the media file is compatible with AirPlay, then you can use AirPlay to stream from within Apple TV app, iTunes for Mac, Safari for Mac, or QuickTime Player for Mac.
  3. Else you may use AirPlay Screen Mirroring on Mac to mirror the screen to the Apple TV box.
  4. On non-Apple computers, there is no official support for video AirPlay, but you may find third party software products that add a functionality that mimics AirPlay to some extent.

Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.