Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error Code 14?

Right, i connected my iphone 4 to my mac and it said there was an update in software for it. I updated it but then the iphone went into recovery mode. On the screen it has a symbol for itunes and a usb. ON itunes it said i had to restore it. It nearly finished restoring it when a message came up saying error code 14. What do i do to get the phone working again?

Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Aug 15, 2010 7:57 AM

11 replies

Aug 15, 2010 2:09 PM in response to Clueless Azita

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2542838&tstart=135

I was running 4.0.1 stock (never jailbroken) as of yesterday. I was browsing through a wallpaper app when the entire phone locked up. I naturally did a hard reboot by holding the power and home buttons. The Apple logo appeared, but it stayed on the screen for a good 3 or 4 minutes until the "connect to iTunes" screen came up. So I connected it to iTunes to find out it was in recovery mode, needing a restore. I clicked restore and was alerted that a new version of the OS was available, so I clicked download and restore. The restore never worked, it just kept giving me error 1603 and error 4. It was essentially stuck in a loop. I tried reinstalling iTunes to no avail and even tried to use a different computer with no luck.

Long story short, I took it into the genius bar and they tried to do the exact same things I had already proven not to work. Needless to say, they couldn't restore the phone either so they swapped it no questions asked.

My replacement came with 4.0.1 on it, so I restored my data and settings before updating to 4.0.2. No problems to report, and all is well.

Sep 5, 2011 12:34 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Hi Lawrence. Thanks for your replies.

In fact, this mobile is a replacement of one that got wet. In cases like that, the warranty is only for 90 days.

I think is a software problem, but the only solution they give me is to pay 200€ to repair it... 😟

I have tried all the things I have found in Internet.

What makes me furious is that it's not my fault! Yesterday I had an Iphone that worked perfectly!

My only mistake was to connect it to Itunes. 😠

Oct 15, 2011 10:50 AM in response to Clueless Azita

I have the same issue with the new OS5 update. I don't know what the deal is. I thought it was because I have a Windows OS on my computer, but apparently it's happening with your Mac..? This is not boding well.

Error Code 14?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.