Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil - Scribble converting to English even though not being used in English

I mainly use Apple Pencil (Scribble) to write in Russian, as i am not familiar with the Russian keyboard. While i am using Apple Pencil, it occasionaly tries to convert my writings into English, even though Russian is choosen as the language of Scribble. I want it to completely ignore English handwriting detection while i use Scribble without having to remove English from my system languages. Is there a way to do so? Thanks in advance.

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 3:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 4:10 AM

Probably best to let Apple know via

http://www.apple.com/feedback

so they can improve this in future updates

3 replies

Dec 15, 2022 2:07 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

It is. I think the support came with the last update. And it works fine most of the time. But it can be annoying when it doesn’t. As an example, for some reason i am unable to write the russian word “очень” using Scribble, which is one of the most frequently used words in the language. Most of the time it tries to convert my handwriting to latin letters and i get a result like 04Е45 (i typed that word using Scribble, trying to write “очень”). There are also some other very basic and frequently used words like that, that have the same problem.

Apple Pencil - Scribble converting to English even though not being used in English

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.