Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer my ipad to another person

I have two ipads...I want my old one to be transferred to my Granddaughter without being connected to my apple products. How is this done?

iPad (10th gen) WiFi

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 6:33 AM

Before giving away any device that you have used to someone else, you must completely sanitise an iPad or iPhone of all data. The process that you should follow is documented here:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

This procedure ensures that all personal and sensitive information is properly erased - and, crucially, properly removes the Activation Lock that will otherwise cause difficulties for the new owner.

Once properly prepared, the new owner can set-up the iPad “as new” from the initial setup process - creating a new AppleID account if required.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2022 6:33 AM in response to namaLifeline

Before giving away any device that you have used to someone else, you must completely sanitise an iPad or iPhone of all data. The process that you should follow is documented here:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

This procedure ensures that all personal and sensitive information is properly erased - and, crucially, properly removes the Activation Lock that will otherwise cause difficulties for the new owner.

Once properly prepared, the new owner can set-up the iPad “as new” from the initial setup process - creating a new AppleID account if required.

How do I transfer my ipad to another person

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.