Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airdrop does not work on mac book pro 2011

Hi , Airdrop on my old mac book pro 2011 (runs on High sierra ) doesn't work i have done all the suggested steps and watched many videos on youtube. the buttons under the airdrop sign is grey so I can not activiate. Any solutions? thanks

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 11:36 AM

Make sure you have the most recent version of iOS on your phone with all of the update patches. Also power cycle your iPhone. Also, try rebooting the laptop and make sure you have all of the update patches installed. Any time I've had an issue with Air Drop, this was all that I had to do.

Maybe try booting the laptop into Safe Mode in case you have some third party software installed which is interfering with the normal operation of macOS.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2022 11:36 AM in response to shoresh192

Make sure you have the most recent version of iOS on your phone with all of the update patches. Also power cycle your iPhone. Also, try rebooting the laptop and make sure you have all of the update patches installed. Any time I've had an issue with Air Drop, this was all that I had to do.

Maybe try booting the laptop into Safe Mode in case you have some third party software installed which is interfering with the normal operation of macOS.

Dec 14, 2022 9:00 AM in response to shoresh192

shoresh192 wrote:

Hi , Airdrop on my old mac book pro 2011 (runs on High sierra ) doesn't work i have done all the suggested steps and watched many videos on youtube. the buttons under the airdrop sign is grey so I can not activiate. Any solutions? thanks

see if you are compatible across devices...(?)

ref:

https://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/06/23/how-to-mac-compatible-airdrop/

Use AirDrop on your Mac - Apple Support

airdrop does not work on mac book pro 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.