Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad navigation problem

When I use the GPS of my iPad, the direction I am facing to is not the one on the screen. is there a way to fix that?

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 10:34 AM

Are you using an iPad case that contains magnets of any kind? For example, a case with a screen cover that operates the auto-lock function? If so, this can seriously affect the calibration of the iPad fluxgate compass - which can cause the direction-of-view indication to be seriously inaccurate.

In some circumstances, the iPad compass can lose its calibration. As an example, one model of iPad Pro that I regularly use for testing often loses compass calibration - sometimes presenting a reading as much as 90° from true.

Recalibration of the compass can help. Rather than list the steps here, this external link might be helpful with the procedure to recalibrate the iPad compass:

https://www.titanhst.com/improving-compass-accuracy-on-ios-devices/

In addition to the information within the link, you may find that several full rotations of the iPad in each of its three axis’ (X, Y and Z) will help with recalibration.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2022 10:34 AM in response to AppleUserIpad9

Are you using an iPad case that contains magnets of any kind? For example, a case with a screen cover that operates the auto-lock function? If so, this can seriously affect the calibration of the iPad fluxgate compass - which can cause the direction-of-view indication to be seriously inaccurate.

In some circumstances, the iPad compass can lose its calibration. As an example, one model of iPad Pro that I regularly use for testing often loses compass calibration - sometimes presenting a reading as much as 90° from true.

Recalibration of the compass can help. Rather than list the steps here, this external link might be helpful with the procedure to recalibrate the iPad compass:

https://www.titanhst.com/improving-compass-accuracy-on-ios-devices/

In addition to the information within the link, you may find that several full rotations of the iPad in each of its three axis’ (X, Y and Z) will help with recalibration.

Ipad navigation problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.