Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Time

Hello,

I just finished setting up screen time for my son, with specific time limits for 3 apps. His limit is 2 hours, but yesterday he surpassed that time. Does the 2 hour time limit apply to each individual app or collective usage over the apps. I was under the impression that it is the latter.

Thanks

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 10:15 AM

I don't use Screen Time but maybe these document sections provide some clarity?

App Limits

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

"You can set daily limits for app categories with App Limits. For example, you might want to see productivity apps while you're at work, but not social networking or games. App Limits refresh every day at midnight, and you can delete them any time."

Set up parental controls with Family Sharing on iPhone - Apple Support

Customize parental controls during setup

When you add a child to your Family Sharing group or set up a device for a child, you can customize parental controls from the start. You can change those settings at any time.

• Downtime and limits for specific apps

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2022 10:15 AM in response to Ohammer26

I don't use Screen Time but maybe these document sections provide some clarity?

App Limits

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

"You can set daily limits for app categories with App Limits. For example, you might want to see productivity apps while you're at work, but not social networking or games. App Limits refresh every day at midnight, and you can delete them any time."

Set up parental controls with Family Sharing on iPhone - Apple Support

Customize parental controls during setup

When you add a child to your Family Sharing group or set up a device for a child, you can customize parental controls from the start. You can change those settings at any time.

• Downtime and limits for specific apps

Screen Time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.