Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My credit card expired, want to change the payment method, but I can't, because the last purchase is still pending on the last credit card.

My credit card expired, want to change the payment method, but I can't, because the last purchase is still pending on the last credit card.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 9:39 AM

7 replies

Dec 15, 2022 7:01 AM in response to kittyrefuge

That means there's an issue with the Payment method you are trying to add.

Have you made sure the payment method is from the same country your Apple ID is set to? You cannot use a payment method from a different country than the one for the store your Apple ID is set to.

Check the country for your Apple ID in https://appleid.apple.com Under Personal Information ➡️ Country / Region

If you need to change the country, follow the steps here ➡️ Change your Apple ID country or region – Apple Support (AU)

Dec 15, 2022 7:12 AM in response to Phil0124

You are right. My last payment method belonged to Japan and I had been trying to change country because I live in Canada now. And changing countries was not easy at all with having an unpaid balance. Then I had to add my new payment method, but it was not allowed because my new credit card information was based in Canada...

I've got a solution though. I purchased the Apple Gift Card to pay the unpaid balance, then changed country and added a new payment method. It worked!

Thank you for trying to help me out. You are so kind.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.