Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple id

i got my iPhone XR from my cousin but she deleted that Apple ID but didn’t take it off the phone and ik the password word to it but it says it don’t exist but won’t let me take it Off the phone

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 11:40 AM

You will not be able to. Since it was tied to her AppleID which she has since deleted, only she can request it be released from activation lock. She can start a support request using the link at the bottom of -> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Note she will need documented proof she is the original owner of the device - I.e. the person who purchased it originally from Apple or an Apple Authorized Seller.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2022 11:40 AM in response to jaylon71

You will not be able to. Since it was tied to her AppleID which she has since deleted, only she can request it be released from activation lock. She can start a support request using the link at the bottom of -> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Note she will need documented proof she is the original owner of the device - I.e. the person who purchased it originally from Apple or an Apple Authorized Seller.

Apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.