Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alarm notifications not sent to watch after 9.2 update

Today I updated my watchos to 9.2. I have 5 alarms set up for various daily events and throughout the day today I didn't receive a single alarm alert on my watch. Many times I'm away from my phone and I use my watch to turn off/snooze the alarm. I checked that push alerts from iphone is on and I did a hard reboot on both phone and watch but still no alarm notifications. Anyone know what can be done to fix this?

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 9

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 1:11 PM

Firstly I would use Reminders to do this. They mirror through nicely to Watch although nothing will mirror through if the iphone is being used.

Secondly I set alarms to go off on the Watch on the Watch itself which are in separate to any alarms in the Watch. Watch notifications fir an iphone alarm will just be a haptic and a ding, the alarm sound goes off on the iphone .

Thirdly I'm still getting haptics on 9.2, so the general fixit for unexpected behaviour is...

First force restart it

i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.

If that is no help

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

and then

Set up your Apple Watch

If no better you may want to unpair then set up without restoring the backup.

If still no good ensure you have no security apps on the iphone that may be mirrored on the Watch.

If you've completed that troubleshooting and the issue is still not resolved, Contact Support.

Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support

or phone numbers 

Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2022 1:11 PM in response to Imashaal

Firstly I would use Reminders to do this. They mirror through nicely to Watch although nothing will mirror through if the iphone is being used.

Secondly I set alarms to go off on the Watch on the Watch itself which are in separate to any alarms in the Watch. Watch notifications fir an iphone alarm will just be a haptic and a ding, the alarm sound goes off on the iphone .

Thirdly I'm still getting haptics on 9.2, so the general fixit for unexpected behaviour is...

First force restart it

i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.

If that is no help

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

and then

Set up your Apple Watch

If no better you may want to unpair then set up without restoring the backup.

If still no good ensure you have no security apps on the iphone that may be mirrored on the Watch.

If you've completed that troubleshooting and the issue is still not resolved, Contact Support.

Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support

or phone numbers 

Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Alarm notifications not sent to watch after 9.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.