Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Horizontal lines Macbook Pro

I am getting fine (maybe 1mm apart) horizontal lines on my 2019 Macbook pro. It started last night, went away, but is now back. Up to date on OS. Any suggestions on how to fix? thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2022 7:13 PM

The screenshot you provided looks clean to me. This means the issue is with the laptop's built-in Display Assembly which will need to be replaced by Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider. Have Apple or an AASP examine the laptop to provide you with a repair estimate.

FYI, if there was a software issue or GPU issue causing the problem, then it would show up in the screenshot. You can examine the screenshot using an external display or another device (computer, tablet, phone) to confirm it is clear.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2022 7:13 PM in response to Mikebook Amateur

The screenshot you provided looks clean to me. This means the issue is with the laptop's built-in Display Assembly which will need to be replaced by Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider. Have Apple or an AASP examine the laptop to provide you with a repair estimate.

FYI, if there was a software issue or GPU issue causing the problem, then it would show up in the screenshot. You can examine the screenshot using an external display or another device (computer, tablet, phone) to confirm it is clear.

Horizontal lines Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.