Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Related Article: About system extensions and macOS

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating on Monterey, my Mac tells me that "Some system extensions aren't compatible with current versions of macOS or won't be compatible with a future version of macOS." But it doesn't tell me what it is.

After updating on Monterey, my Mac tells me that "Some system extensions aren't compatible with current versions of macOS or won't be compatible with a future version of macOS. Learn what to do if you see an alert about system extensions or kernel extensions." but it doesn't tell me what are the extensions. Is there a way to know this?

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 7:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 6:48 AM

This links below may send the user in the right direction in establishing which Kernel Extension maybe playing up.

About system extensions and macOS - Apple Support

Deprecated Kernel Extensions and System Extension Alternatives

2 replies

Dec 15, 2022 6:15 AM in response to Luis Miranda Brenes

If an app uses System Extension(s) of its own, they are embedded in its package, so there is no direct way to identify incompatible extensions.

macOS also has many Extensions of its own but none of them would be in question regarding compatibility.

You could start your investigation by considering the following:

• Identify any older apps that you have, especially if you know or suspect that they use extensions. In my experience most apps that use extensions notify you when you install or update them. Simply updating or reinstalling the app usually updates any extension it may use. (Audio & video apps often use system extensions.)

After updating on Monterey, my Mac tells me that "Some system extensions aren't compatible with current versions of macOS or won't be compatible with a future version of macOS." But it doesn't tell me what it is.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.