📢 Newsroom Update

Introducing Apple Watch Series 10. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Watch Ultra 2 now available in black titanium. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch trade in

I’m planning to order a new watch, if I selected to pick it up in a store but also added a trade in, would I be able to trade in the old watch in store when I pick up the new one or would Apple have to send me a trade in kit? (UK)

Thanks,

Felix

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 9

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 8:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 8:41 AM

It has been my experience and one confirmed by Apple (I'm in the US) that even if you are sent a trade in kit, you can in fact trade the watch at your Apple Store, when you pick up your new watch. I have done this with iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch. Since you are in the UK, I'd check with them, but I suspect you will be able to trade the watch at the store on the day of pickup.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 18, 2022 8:41 AM in response to felixpape

It has been my experience and one confirmed by Apple (I'm in the US) that even if you are sent a trade in kit, you can in fact trade the watch at your Apple Store, when you pick up your new watch. I have done this with iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch. Since you are in the UK, I'd check with them, but I suspect you will be able to trade the watch at the store on the day of pickup.

Dec 18, 2022 8:36 AM in response to felixpape

Hey felixpape,

That's a great question! If the trade-in and purchase is initiated online, a trade-in kit will likely be sent out to you. Check out the Frequently Asked Questions section for more details here (you may need to change to your region): Apple Trade In - Apple

If that doesn't help, we recommend speaking with Apple sales experts here (you may need to change regions here too): How to Contact Us - Apple

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Apple Watch trade in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.