You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do the different colours mean on iphone se menus - where are they explained?

What do the different colours mean on iphone se menus - where are they explained?

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 8:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 11:35 AM

So you're asking about the Health app. Okay. Those colors reflect the category that those items belong to. Click on the "Browse" icon in the lower right of the screen in Health. You'll see all the categories. When you mark a particular metric as "favorite", it will appear on the "Summary" page and the title will match the category color.

This is not related to any other app.

15 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 15, 2022 11:35 AM in response to anOldBeginner

So you're asking about the Health app. Okay. Those colors reflect the category that those items belong to. Click on the "Browse" icon in the lower right of the screen in Health. You'll see all the categories. When you mark a particular metric as "favorite", it will appear on the "Summary" page and the title will match the category color.

This is not related to any other app.

Dec 15, 2022 9:09 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I have tried to view the manual but can not find out

Red, Green , Blue, Cyan must all have a system wide meaning but I can not find it. Even when I 'go into' a red menu item it still stays red after I exit, so it does not mean important/urgent but it must mean something I assume,

and what happens to the red/green colour blind problem (10% of males)- how can I change the colours for that ?

Dec 15, 2022 10:05 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Good heavens - you are implying that each app has different meanings in menus for the colour they use, there is no standard on an apple phones!

If that is the case I will assume they are just trying to make things pretty and not help the users - pure frustration in buying an inconsistent interface - as you guess I am unimpressed with the MMI

Thank you for your concern in replying

Dec 15, 2022 10:11 AM in response to anOldBeginner

I'm not implying anything. I'm trying to figure out what you're talking about. You keep talking about "menus". What menus? iOS apps don't have a menu bar the way applications on a Mac or Windows machine do. So, if you can post a screenshot showing what you're talking about that would be very helpful. Barring that, please give a specific example of an app and the "menu" you're talking about.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.