Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use Apple Watch fast charger in an Apple Watch version 5?

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 9:51 AM

No such thing as a Fast Charger. Chargers just offer the power they are rated for.

Watches can then fast charge with that charger if they support the feature and the charger offers enough power to engage fast charging.

You can use a high powered charger to charge the watch sure, but the Series 5 watch will not charge faster than with a regular charger.

Only Series 7 and 8 support fast charging with high powered chargers as explained in the support document you posted from.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2022 9:51 AM in response to haigaz

No such thing as a Fast Charger. Chargers just offer the power they are rated for.

Watches can then fast charge with that charger if they support the feature and the charger offers enough power to engage fast charging.

You can use a high powered charger to charge the watch sure, but the Series 5 watch will not charge faster than with a regular charger.

Only Series 7 and 8 support fast charging with high powered chargers as explained in the support document you posted from.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.