Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV

I have an older Apple TV, model A1427 that hasn't been used in quite some time. I updated the software this morning to version 7.9 (8163). It's connected to my home network, however when I try to turn on Home Sharing it doesn't list any of my connected computers. The message "To access your iTunes Library on Apple TV, turn on Home Sharing in iTunes on your computer using "my apple id".

I've done all of this, but again no computers are listed. What else can I try?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 10:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 2:48 PM

Home Sharing (Computers app on Apple TV) tries to find computers on your home network that are on, and have the iTunes application running, with the Home Sharing function active (menu File﹥Home Sharing﹥Turn on Home Sharing﹥…).

Both the Apple TV box for Home Sharing and the iTunes settings for Home Sharing should have entered the same Apple ID account for this function. Unmatched accounts won’t be visible in Home Sharing.

Also see this support document: Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

If your router has divided the network in multiple logical parts (not recommended), then both the computer and Apple TV box should connect to the same part, else they won’t see each other/won’t be able to communicate with each other. Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2022 2:48 PM in response to TV628

Home Sharing (Computers app on Apple TV) tries to find computers on your home network that are on, and have the iTunes application running, with the Home Sharing function active (menu File﹥Home Sharing﹥Turn on Home Sharing﹥…).

Both the Apple TV box for Home Sharing and the iTunes settings for Home Sharing should have entered the same Apple ID account for this function. Unmatched accounts won’t be visible in Home Sharing.

Also see this support document: Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

If your router has divided the network in multiple logical parts (not recommended), then both the computer and Apple TV box should connect to the same part, else they won’t see each other/won’t be able to communicate with each other. Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.