Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

help my iPad fell from 1000 ft glass came off but still works

my ipad fell 1000feet yes a 1000 with 3 zeros. from the air and when i retrieved it the glass screen fell off but the LCD work and turns off/on without lines when i push the power buttons but when i touch it nothing happens can this be fixed? and the device does recognize in iTunes and in file manager? and seems to connect to the internet biased on the wife icon stills showing up in the corner. and it is dented on the back it had landed on the back? i would like to know if this is fixable? thanks

iPad

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 11:36 AM

4 replies

Dec 20, 2022 1:58 PM in response to broderick54

broderick54 Said:

"help my iPad fell from 1000 ft glass came off but still works: [...]i would like to know if this is fixable? thanks"

-------

Getting a Screen Replaced:

How old is this since date of purchase?

II. Contact Apple Support:

Once coverage age is purchased, contact Apple Support, requesting a new screen.

Contacting Apple Support:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as necessary
  • Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

[Edited by Moderator]

Dec 20, 2022 3:10 PM in response to broderick54

Most Apple Store locations DO NOT repair iPads, but ONLY offer in/out-of-warranty device replacement.

If this is an older iPad or an iPad without paid/purchased, extended, 2-year AppleCare+ device warranty, then prepare for an expensive device replacement at, approximately, 60% of that iPad's original price from Apple.

If this is a fairly new iPad model, with a paid/purchased, extended, two-year+ AppleCare+ device warranty plan, a device replacement will ONLY cost you a small device replacement fee at $49 U.S.D..

Time to use the “Support” link, in the top black menu bar, at the upper right hand corner of every Apple Support Community Webpage to attempt to schedule an appointment with your nearest Apple Store location, to have that damaged iPad diagnosed/evaluated and options presented to you.

Apple Store employees will be glad to help/assist you.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

help my iPad fell from 1000 ft glass came off but still works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.