You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't activate apple TV subscription from costco

can't activate apple TV subscription from costco, 1-year subscription card.

I have an apple ID, but no apple devices. Using my windows machine.

Have iTunes on windows, but no go for activation that I can see.

I will stream on an android box or my smart TV, or even a fire TV device.

But my only apple device is way too old to update enough to use any new apps.

(super old ipad)

Any help or ideas, would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 1:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 2:32 PM

You should have received a code in your email address to redeem the Free year.

You can enter that code in iTunes by following the steps below:

Redeem a gift card / code on a Windows PC

1. Find the 16-digit code I the email from Costco
  2. Open iTunes.
  3. From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account.
  4. Choose Redeem.
  5. Sign in and follow the instructions on the screen.

With that done, you should be able to access https://tv.apple.com on the Windows PC, or the TV App on any 3rd party device, and the subscription should be active.

Contact Apple Support directly if you have trouble redeeming the code. click here ➡️ Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 15, 2022 2:32 PM in response to dddeffn

You should have received a code in your email address to redeem the Free year.

You can enter that code in iTunes by following the steps below:

Redeem a gift card / code on a Windows PC

1. Find the 16-digit code I the email from Costco
  2. Open iTunes.
  3. From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account.
  4. Choose Redeem.
  5. Sign in and follow the instructions on the screen.

With that done, you should be able to access https://tv.apple.com on the Windows PC, or the TV App on any 3rd party device, and the subscription should be active.

Contact Apple Support directly if you have trouble redeeming the code. click here ➡️ Apple Support

Dec 15, 2022 4:07 PM in response to Phil0124

Thank you, but tried the itune redeem (on a windows machine) & it says not code valid.

Also tried signing into apple TV, but no luck activating the code.

Also tried support, about 45 minutes on phone with a very nice person, but he was unable to figure it out.

Said he had no ideas on how to activate subscription with out using an actual apple device, but he too tried several things without success.

Guess I'll try support one more time, then if that fails, I guess like he suggested, I should try to return card to Costco...!

Again, thanks for taking the time to try and I will try support one more time.

Dec 15, 2022 5:18 PM in response to dddeffn

Well, guess I'll return the card to Costco.

$62.99 + tax at 9.5%..., I'm guessing Costco will get it's money back from Apple somehow.

Tried calling Apple support twice , over 45 minutes both times... even got up to supervisor level, but no help.

I'm amazed, how many times I had to explain that this was a Costco subscription card I paid over $68 for... not any kind of free promotion, or email offer, or other promotion!

I even had to ask once if the person had heard of Costco stores! (and, yes she had... but that was the only way I could get her to listen that I purchased this at the store, as an activated 1 year service!)

Anyway... 3 different support personnel had no idea how to use a paid for and store activated 1 year subscription that is being sold in Costco stores all over. Unless you have an iphone or ipad, I guess you are out of luck.

Seems like a huge waste for Apple, I'm sure they want all the streaming customers they can get!

Anyway... Thanks for your time!

Dec 16, 2022 10:58 AM in response to Phil0124

Hey, thank you again for the help!

I feel kinda (?) dumb, that I finally found an answer so easy... (Not too dumb, because 1 1/2 hrs on the phone with Apple support and 3 different people, had no clues how to help!)

My resolve was ..., as a final attempt before return.., to go ahead and try scanning the QR code on the card with my android phone just to see what would happen, (even thou the instructions were clear just to use an apple product,) & low & behold....that worked!

It instantly downloaded Apple TV+ & installed it automatically on my Samsung phone , had me sign in, it then automatically brought up the correct activation web page, with the pin# already filled in, ...and Bob's your uncle, it worked!!! Smooth...Perfect!

It then showed that I now had a weeks free trial, following by a 1 year prepaid subscription, and then warning it would be auto-renewing! Perfect!

So easy, maybe 3 to 4 minutes total, ...if that!

So very polished and Apple like!

Apple just needs to help us a little and give people a hint, that EVEN if your not in the Apple/iPhone/Mac world, that their software engineers have you covered for Apple TV+ !

So, Phil0124, Thank you for your time and help!

And maybe, my being a obtuse and wasting everyone's time, will actually help the next non-apple person just a little? Hopefully!

Thanks again!

can't activate apple TV subscription from costco

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.