Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I Reset my Password On my Standard account

My MacOS Monterey Is Not letting me on my admin account I tried using command S and R it Didint work so I tried resetting the entire laptop and I couldn’t bc it said type admin password

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 2:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 1:35 PM

Hi XcodeTeam,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities!

In order to reset your Mac login password, you'll need to choose a reset option mentioned in this article: If you forgot your Mac login password.

"Option 1: Restart and show password options

1. If you see the option to restart and show password reset options, click it to restart your Mac. Then take one of these steps:
    • Sign in with your Apple ID, if asked. You might also be asked to enter the verification code sent to your other devices.
    • Enter your FileVault recovery key, if asked. It's the long string of letters and numbers you received when you turned on FileVault and chose to create a recovery key instead of allowing your iCloud account (Apple ID) to unlock your disk.
  1. Select a user that you want to reset the password for, then click Next.
  2. Enter your new password information, then click Next. 
  3. When the password reset is completed, click Restart."

If you are unable to reset your password using one of the options provided, check out the information in this article: If you can't reset your Mac login password- Apple Support, for additional steps you can take.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2022 1:35 PM in response to XcodeTeam

Hi XcodeTeam,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities!

In order to reset your Mac login password, you'll need to choose a reset option mentioned in this article: If you forgot your Mac login password.

"Option 1: Restart and show password options

1. If you see the option to restart and show password reset options, click it to restart your Mac. Then take one of these steps:
    • Sign in with your Apple ID, if asked. You might also be asked to enter the verification code sent to your other devices.
    • Enter your FileVault recovery key, if asked. It's the long string of letters and numbers you received when you turned on FileVault and chose to create a recovery key instead of allowing your iCloud account (Apple ID) to unlock your disk.
  1. Select a user that you want to reset the password for, then click Next.
  2. Enter your new password information, then click Next. 
  3. When the password reset is completed, click Restart."

If you are unable to reset your password using one of the options provided, check out the information in this article: If you can't reset your Mac login password- Apple Support, for additional steps you can take.

How do I Reset my Password On my Standard account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.