Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv not updating

for the past 2 days been trying to play disney + on my apple tv, Disney says it has a new update but apple tv needs to update, start apple tv update, it downloads and then starts step 1 of 2 of the install, then after about a minute it stops says it can't and try again later. what the ****!

its model is A1625(32 gb)

Posted on Dec 16, 2022 5:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2022 1:16 PM

the tvos on my apple is 14.4(18K802)

Alright, that software is almost 2 years old, so a software update is in order.

let me guess, the model i have wont update any higher

Not at all. Your model is compatible with the current version tvOS 16.2.

I’m not sure why it would error on trying to update the regular way, but Apple Support staff will try to assist you with that, if you choose to contact them. They might ask you to bring it in to a Store or Service Provider.

There is an alternative method that you can try yourself: Restore and update externally through a computer, via USB cable. That will reset the device. Here are the instructions for that: Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2022 1:16 PM in response to themagickman

Alright, that software is almost 2 years old, so a software update is in order.

let me guess, the model i have wont update any higher

Not at all. Your model is compatible with the current version tvOS 16.2.

I’m not sure why it would error on trying to update the regular way, but Apple Support staff will try to assist you with that, if you choose to contact them. They might ask you to bring it in to a Store or Service Provider.

There is an alternative method that you can try yourself: Restore and update externally through a computer, via USB cable. That will reset the device. Here are the instructions for that: Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support.

Dec 16, 2022 9:11 AM in response to themagickman

What is the current version system software (tvOS) on your Apple TV?

Disney says that the latest version of the Disney+ app requires tvOS 15.3 or later.

The current version of the Disney+ app for Apple TV is v2.13.6 as released on December 4, according to the App Store.

Update your Apple TV - Apple Support

For other issues, contact Apple Support.

Dec 16, 2022 12:44 PM in response to Urquhart1244

let me guess, the model i have wont update any higher and i have to spend another $150 + for a newer apple tv unit! fricking scam i swear! up side, my smart tv is new only a few months old and it actually supports the apple tv app and the disney+ app, my old smart tv didnt thats why i bought the apple tv unit in the first place, so ive gotten that working now and apple can go to ****!

apple tv not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.