Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to to transfer the contacts in my iPhone to my new iPad?

I want to transfer my contacts in my iphone to my new ipad, how do I do this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Dec 16, 2022 10:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 8:48 AM

Mangohead71 wrote:

I don't understand these instructions. Please tell me exactly what to do. If I go on my iphone and go to contacts, how do I get them on my ipad? Or should I go go Bell mail account? I have backed up the cloud on both devices but there are no contacts showing.

Again contacts is not part of the backup, they are either synced to your cloud or email account.

Go to settings - icloud or your mail account and look for contacts which ever one you have contacts turned on for is what you're syncing to.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2022 8:48 AM in response to Mangohead71

Mangohead71 wrote:

I don't understand these instructions. Please tell me exactly what to do. If I go on my iphone and go to contacts, how do I get them on my ipad? Or should I go go Bell mail account? I have backed up the cloud on both devices but there are no contacts showing.

Again contacts is not part of the backup, they are either synced to your cloud or email account.

Go to settings - icloud or your mail account and look for contacts which ever one you have contacts turned on for is what you're syncing to.

How to to transfer the contacts in my iPhone to my new iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.