Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my imac does not show up in screen mirroring on my iphone

How do I mirror my iPhone on my iMac?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 16, 2022 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 9:34 AM

Hey there joepotthoff,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. To get started, if you've gone through the steps listed in the 'Related Article' under the "Mirror your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a TV or Mac" section, check out the following resource to ensure that your Mac meets the system requirements to use AirPlay: System requirements for Continuity on Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

If it meets the requirements, check out the steps in this next resource that can help with troubleshooting this issue further: If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device - Apple Support

Learn what to do if you can't stream content with AirPlay, mirror the screen on your iOS device or Mac to your Apple TV or smart TV, or have another issue using AirPlay.

Try these steps first
After each step, see if you still need help. 
1. Make sure that your AirPlay-compatible devices are turned on and near each other.
2. Check that the devices are updated to the latest software and are on the same Wi-Fi network. 
3. Restart the devices that you want to use with AirPlay or screen mirroring.

If you're prompted to enter a password, you might have restrictions turned on, or you might need to adjust your AirPlay password settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2022 9:34 AM in response to joepotthoff

Hey there joepotthoff,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. To get started, if you've gone through the steps listed in the 'Related Article' under the "Mirror your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a TV or Mac" section, check out the following resource to ensure that your Mac meets the system requirements to use AirPlay: System requirements for Continuity on Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

If it meets the requirements, check out the steps in this next resource that can help with troubleshooting this issue further: If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device - Apple Support

Learn what to do if you can't stream content with AirPlay, mirror the screen on your iOS device or Mac to your Apple TV or smart TV, or have another issue using AirPlay.

Try these steps first
After each step, see if you still need help. 
1. Make sure that your AirPlay-compatible devices are turned on and near each other.
2. Check that the devices are updated to the latest software and are on the same Wi-Fi network. 
3. Restart the devices that you want to use with AirPlay or screen mirroring.

If you're prompted to enter a password, you might have restrictions turned on, or you might need to adjust your AirPlay password settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Take care!

my imac does not show up in screen mirroring on my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.