Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message when updating apps saying billing problem

I keep trying to update my apps and it keeps telling there is a billing problem with a previous purchase and all the apps are free apps that I’m just trying to update in the App Store. I keep following the directions but it’s not doing anything. What do I do?

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Dec 16, 2022 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2022 2:41 PM

Please check -> If a message says 'billing problem with previous purchase' or 'verification required'

If a message says 'billing problem with previous purchase' or 'verification required' - Apple Support

• If these messages appear, you might be unable to make purchases, download free apps, or use subscriptions. To fix the issue, change your payment method. If you can't change your payment method, you can redeem a gift card and use the balance to pay for any unpaid orders.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2022 2:41 PM in response to KnightWalker82

Please check -> If a message says 'billing problem with previous purchase' or 'verification required'

If a message says 'billing problem with previous purchase' or 'verification required' - Apple Support

• If these messages appear, you might be unable to make purchases, download free apps, or use subscriptions. To fix the issue, change your payment method. If you can't change your payment method, you can redeem a gift card and use the balance to pay for any unpaid orders.

Message when updating apps saying billing problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.