Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri

When I asked Siri what the volume is on my iPhone 12 this morning, as I have many times, her response was "Sorry, there was a problem determining volume." And, an alarm she set last night didn't go off this morning. I was awake already when it should have gone off.

I checked the alarm just now, with her setting it, and it worked fine. But the problem determining volume is still present. This morning was the first time that ever happened. Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 2:07 PM

Greetings bjcreek,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. Does the "Hey Siri" command work on the iPhone? Do you have Bluetooth enabled on the iPhone currently? If so, disable Bluetooth, and try using Siri to set the alarm again. Should the issue persist, try the steps in the Apple Support article: If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working

Clear the microphones
1.Remove any screen protectors, films, or cases from your iPhone.
2.Clear any debris from the openings of your iPhone. 

If none of this helps you, the next step will be to contact Apple Support:

Get Support

Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2022 2:07 PM in response to bjcreek

Greetings bjcreek,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. Does the "Hey Siri" command work on the iPhone? Do you have Bluetooth enabled on the iPhone currently? If so, disable Bluetooth, and try using Siri to set the alarm again. Should the issue persist, try the steps in the Apple Support article: If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working

Clear the microphones
1.Remove any screen protectors, films, or cases from your iPhone.
2.Clear any debris from the openings of your iPhone. 

If none of this helps you, the next step will be to contact Apple Support:

Get Support

Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Dec 19, 2022 5:26 PM in response to ArmMan1016

I disabled Siri. The alarms were being set again just fine, but there was still a problem with Siri determining the volume setting on the iPhone. This isn't a major issue, but usually when one thing is affected, there are other things that aren't working right that I'm just not seeing evidence of at the moment. Since I don't use Siri for anything I can't do myself, I disabled the program. Thanks so much for the great suggestions. I really appreciate you getting back to me so quickly.

Siri

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.