You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPhone saving new contacts to Gmail?

For the longest time (several years now) I haven’t been able to figure out why some contacts that I save on my iPhone do not show up on my iPad and MacBook even though I’ve got it set up to do so in iCloud.

Today, I started troubleshooting within the Contacts app of iOS (iPhone). When viewing the “Lists” I noticed that a contact I had saved recently on my iPhone does not appear in “All iCloud, but rather “All Gmail”. Why would it save there? When someone texts me the first time and I select “Create New Contact”, there is nothing to indicate I’m saving it anywhere other than iCloud. How can I fix this since Apple doesn’t seem to care?

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 4:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 9:13 PM

Contacts are attached to an email account, likely to your gmail account as you indicated.

Similar questions

1 reply

Why is my iPhone saving new contacts to Gmail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.