Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch is in an endless loop of updating (8.7.1), and it never finishes. I've tried restarting and everything, but I can't try the other methods since I'm trying to pair. Anyone else have the same issue?

I'm stuck in an endless loop of updating (8.7.1). I've tried restarting both my phone and Apple Watch, but it doesn't work. I haven't been able to try other methods since I haven't paired the watch (because it has to finish updating to do so). Anyone else having the same issue?

Apple Watch

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 5:52 PM

Similar questions

8 replies

Dec 20, 2022 7:56 AM in response to JustSYRC

Hi JustSYRC,

If you haven't done so yet, restart your iPhone and Apple Watch. Although simple, this step can help correct some unexpected issues. If the issue persists, pair your devices before updating the Apple Watch. Before pairing, make sure your iPhone is running the most recent iOS version, as this may aid in pairing your devices: Apple security updates. If an update is available for your iPhone, be sure to create a backup before installing it.

After your Apple Watch and iPhone are paired, try to update your Apple Watch again.

If needed, this article has the steps that will help with getting your devices paired: Set up and pair your Apple Watch with iPhone.

Turn on, pair, and set up your Apple Watch

1. Put your Apple Watch on your wrist. Adjust the band or choose a band size so your Apple Watch fits closely but comfortably on your wrist.
For information about changing the band on your Apple Watch, see Remove, change, and fasten Apple Watch bands.

2. To turn on your Apple Watch, press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.

3. Bring your iPhone near your Apple Watch, wait for the Apple Watch pairing screen to appear on your iPhone, then tap Continue.
Or open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then tap Pair New Watch.
the Apple Watch app icon
4. Tap Set Up for Myself.

5. When prompted, position your iPhone so that your Apple Watch appears in the viewfinder in the Apple Watch app. This pairs the two devices.

6. Tap Set Up Apple Watch, then follow the instructions on your iPhone and Apple Watch to finish setup.

If you have trouble pairing the devices, this article may help: If your Apple Watch isn't connected or paired with your iPhone.

For more help, reach out to Apple Support directly so they can look into this with you further. They can be contacted here: Get Support, or by calling the most applicable phone number from this list: Contact Apple for support and service.

Cheers.

Jan 16, 2023 9:25 AM in response to JustSYRC

Hey JustSYRC,

Since you still need to fix the problem you're experiencing with your Apple Watch, we recommend contacting Apple Support directly so that they can work with you to find a solution.

You can reach them by clicking here: Apple Support or calling the most local number in your region: Contact Apple for support and service

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

My Apple Watch is in an endless loop of updating (8.7.1), and it never finishes. I've tried restarting and everything, but I can't try the other methods since I'm trying to pair. Anyone else have the same issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.