Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

rapid power drain out of left airpod

I note that the left airpod keeps draining power down to zero level while the right airpod is still at 99 percent...anyone has a solution?

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 6:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 7:19 AM

Hi leftdischarge, welcome to the Apple community

I hope you are doing well 🤗

I invite you to try this :

1/ Put your AirPods in their charging case, and close the lid.

2/ Wait 30 seconds.

3/ Open the lid of your charging case.

4/ With your AirPods in your ears and connected to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Bluetooth, or Settings > [your AirPods], and tap the More Info button next to your AirPods. If you don't see your AirPods in Settings > Bluetooth or in Settings > [your AirPods], just go to the next step.

5/ Tap Forget This Device, and tap again to confirm.

6/ With the lid open, press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds, until the status light on the front of the case flashes amber, then white.*

7/ Reconnect your AirPods: With your AirPods in their charging case and the lid open, place your AirPods close to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Follow the steps on your device's screen.

-If your AirPods won't connect - Apple Support

-If your left or right AirPod isn't working - Apple Support

-If your AirPods won’t charge - Apple Support

-How to clean your AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and EarPods - Apple Support

-How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

If the issue is not resolved, feel free to come back to us or contact Apple support for more information.

Apple support is available here: Apple Support

See you soon👋

Julio

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2022 7:19 AM in response to leftdischarge

Hi leftdischarge, welcome to the Apple community

I hope you are doing well 🤗

I invite you to try this :

1/ Put your AirPods in their charging case, and close the lid.

2/ Wait 30 seconds.

3/ Open the lid of your charging case.

4/ With your AirPods in your ears and connected to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Bluetooth, or Settings > [your AirPods], and tap the More Info button next to your AirPods. If you don't see your AirPods in Settings > Bluetooth or in Settings > [your AirPods], just go to the next step.

5/ Tap Forget This Device, and tap again to confirm.

6/ With the lid open, press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds, until the status light on the front of the case flashes amber, then white.*

7/ Reconnect your AirPods: With your AirPods in their charging case and the lid open, place your AirPods close to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Follow the steps on your device's screen.

-If your AirPods won't connect - Apple Support

-If your left or right AirPod isn't working - Apple Support

-If your AirPods won’t charge - Apple Support

-How to clean your AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and EarPods - Apple Support

-How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

If the issue is not resolved, feel free to come back to us or contact Apple support for more information.

Apple support is available here: Apple Support

See you soon👋

Julio

Dec 18, 2022 4:14 PM in response to leftdischarge

leftdischarge Said:

"rapid power drain out of left airpod: I note that the left airpod keeps draining power down to zero level while the right airpod is still at 99 percent...anyone has a solution?"

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Power Draining:

A. Start with a Reset:

Rather than factory resetting these, try just resetting these...

Go Here: Reset your AirPods - Apple Support

B. A Few Links to Visit:

C. Try the Following Tasks:

• Hold Down the Button on the case for about 15 seconds.

• Use an Apple Brand Cable - not a third party one - cool though it may look, a fabric, third-part cable would likely tear - (Apple cable's are plastic and are intended for Apple)

• Remove the AirPod from the Case, then place it back in the charger. Perhaps it need to resync with he charger.

rapid power drain out of left airpod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.