Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing a payment method from old apple ID

How can I remove a payment method from an Apple ID I can’t get into? I keep getting multiple charges from an old account I do not have access to

iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 7:51 PM

You need to get into the old account. While Apple might be able to cancel the subscription doing this, they would likely require a similar degree of identity verification that would be needed to just get the account working again.

• For help with a forgotten Apple ID (this is likely an active email address or one used in the past), click here --> If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support

• For help with a forgotten Apple ID password, click here --> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Once the account is working, use the instructions in this document to cancel the subscription.

If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2022 7:51 PM in response to chloie32

You need to get into the old account. While Apple might be able to cancel the subscription doing this, they would likely require a similar degree of identity verification that would be needed to just get the account working again.

• For help with a forgotten Apple ID (this is likely an active email address or one used in the past), click here --> If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support

• For help with a forgotten Apple ID password, click here --> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Once the account is working, use the instructions in this document to cancel the subscription.

If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

Removing a payment method from old apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.