Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover deleted text from deleted note

Hi I accidentally deleted the whole text from a note. Can I retrieve any of this note? Or at least retrieve all the data before I started adding to it today? Please help

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 11:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 12:34 AM

This won't help you in this instance, but next time it happens, don't close the note, but go straight to Settings > Accessibility > Touch and switch on Shake to Undo. Return via the app switcher to your note, shake your phone and, with any luck, you should get the option:

It is important not to key in anything or close the note before doing this.

In your current instance, have you tried recovering your prior Notes backup from your iCloud account?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2022 12:34 AM in response to Lisa.V

This won't help you in this instance, but next time it happens, don't close the note, but go straight to Settings > Accessibility > Touch and switch on Shake to Undo. Return via the app switcher to your note, shake your phone and, with any luck, you should get the option:

It is important not to key in anything or close the note before doing this.

In your current instance, have you tried recovering your prior Notes backup from your iCloud account?

Recover deleted text from deleted note

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.