📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple debuts iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought a new iPhone 14 Pro Max and when Apple transferred the data from the old phone to the new phone, my Gmail did not transfer to the new phone.

I bought a new iPhone 14 Pro Max and when Apple transferred the data from the old phone to the new phone, my Gmail did not transfer to the new phone. What do I need to do so I can transfer the data to the new phone and not lose it. Thanks in advance.

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 11:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 11:45 PM

Email data do not transfer between devices not even while restoring from a backup.

Add the account again.

Remove your email account and set it up again

Make sure that all of your emails are there or make sure that your email is saved somewhere other than your device. On your device, go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts. Tap the email account that you want to remove. Tap Delete Account.

If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 17, 2022 11:45 PM in response to paulfromtehachapi

Email data do not transfer between devices not even while restoring from a backup.

Add the account again.

Remove your email account and set it up again

Make sure that all of your emails are there or make sure that your email is saved somewhere other than your device. On your device, go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts. Tap the email account that you want to remove. Tap Delete Account.

If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

I bought a new iPhone 14 Pro Max and when Apple transferred the data from the old phone to the new phone, my Gmail did not transfer to the new phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.