Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP Battery Glitching

A strange thing happens when on battery since updating to Ventura:

- I'll get a couple of hours from full charge and then at 40% the laptop goes to sleep with any attempts at re-starting showing the dead battery sign.

- If I plug it in, it will boot back up again. Failing battery right? Battery health indicator would suggest so, going from 'normal' to 'significantly reduced - service recommended' immediately.

- Interestingly however if I immediately unplug the power source, it will still have a few hours charge from 40% to 0%

I've reset SMC/PRAM but still get the same issue. So am now carrying around an portable battery pack to use for 10 seconds to 're-boot' at 40% once a day..

Anyone else having the same issue?

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 3:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 4:55 AM

wmalins07 wrote:

Intel Mac- Have reset SMC and PRAM to no avail

Get help with your Mac notebook battery

Learn how to optimize the life of the battery in your Mac notebook, fix battery issues, and get service.

Get help with your Mac laptop battery - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 18, 2022 4:11 AM in response to wmalins07

wmalins07 wrote:

A strange thing happens when on battery since updating to Ventura:

- I'll get a couple of hours from full charge and then at 40% the laptop goes to sleep with any attempts at re-starting showing the dead battery sign.

- If I plug it in, it will boot back up again. Failing battery right? Battery health indicator would suggest so, going from 'normal' to 'significantly reduced - service recommended' immediately.

- Interestingly however if I immediately unplug the power source, it will still have a few hours charge from 40% to 0%

I've reset SMC/PRAM but still get the same issue. So am now carrying around an portable battery pack to use for 10 seconds to 're-boot' at 40% once a day..

Anyone else having the same issue?

?

If this is M1/M2 Mac— A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

if this is an Intel Mac—Try resetting the SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

MBP Battery Glitching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.