Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do Apple TV+ Channel Subscriptions Work?

I continually run into problems with accessing "channels" or apps to which I subscribe through apple tv+. For example, I subscribe to Paramount+; however, I cannot actually use the Paramount+ app on my TV or phone. When trying to connect the apps, I am able to enter the code provided on the TV, but my apple user name and password fail to log me in.

I need some clarity on how this works.

1. Is a subscription to a channel through Apple TV+ the same as subscribing through the app itself? If so, why doesn't my apple user ID and password work? I was never asked to create a different user name and password when I originally subscribed.
  2. Why are some shows on these channels available but not others? For example, I subscribe to Paramount+, and I can watch 1823 but not 1923. This leads me to try to log into the Paramount+ app directly, and when I try to connect the accounts, Paramount+ tells me I don't have an account.

So... Can someone please explain how this works???

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 5:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 7:15 AM

1. These types of subscriptions are not the same, and not exchangeable. The content should be the same, with a few exceptions: some live content and add-on services. If you subscribed to the Channel in the Apple TV app, then you have to watch it in the Apple TV app (on any of your devices). If you subscribed in the content provider app on an Apple device, then you have to watch it in the content provider app on any of your Apple devices. If you subscribed with the content provider directly, then you can sign in to the content provider app on any of your devices (any brand). If you subscribed to the channel in the Apple TV app, then Paramount+ offers users to create a complimentary Paramount+ account for use outside the Apple TV app, by ‘verifying’ the subscription.
  2. The show ‘1923’ should premiere on Dec 18, 3am EST in the US and Canada, and a day later in the UK and Australia. The Apple TV app channel Paramount+ depends on copies supplied by Paramount. The Paramount+ app accesses content on Paramount+ servers directly. If you still can’t find the new show in the Apple TV app channel, then try restarting the app, and/or restarting the device. Else contact Apple Media Services.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2022 7:15 AM in response to jlirvin7

1. These types of subscriptions are not the same, and not exchangeable. The content should be the same, with a few exceptions: some live content and add-on services. If you subscribed to the Channel in the Apple TV app, then you have to watch it in the Apple TV app (on any of your devices). If you subscribed in the content provider app on an Apple device, then you have to watch it in the content provider app on any of your Apple devices. If you subscribed with the content provider directly, then you can sign in to the content provider app on any of your devices (any brand). If you subscribed to the channel in the Apple TV app, then Paramount+ offers users to create a complimentary Paramount+ account for use outside the Apple TV app, by ‘verifying’ the subscription.
  2. The show ‘1923’ should premiere on Dec 18, 3am EST in the US and Canada, and a day later in the UK and Australia. The Apple TV app channel Paramount+ depends on copies supplied by Paramount. The Paramount+ app accesses content on Paramount+ servers directly. If you still can’t find the new show in the Apple TV app channel, then try restarting the app, and/or restarting the device. Else contact Apple Media Services.

How Do Apple TV+ Channel Subscriptions Work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.