Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone purchase date is 1 april 1978

İ use iphone 12 pro max and the purchase date says 1 april 1978. How can I learn the real purchase date

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Serial Number]

iPhone 12 Pro Max, 16

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 11:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 1:49 AM

So are such iphones orignal?

5 replies

Feb 5, 2023 1:07 PM in response to enestutal

This is an "AS IS" iPhone. Search AS IS iPhones for my other explanation of what this means. Everybody knows that iPhones did not exist back then, but the April 1 1978 date is used for all AS IS iPhones, which I believe was originally meant to be April 1 1976, but I think a typo was made and the date got changed to 1978. This date is significant for Apple, and Steve Jobs. Apple was founded on April 1 1976, so I believe that was the intended date for the purchase date of all AS IS devices. Steve Jobs was alive and working at Apple when the AS IS iPhones were set up as a category of products for carriers and wholesalers to deal with the thousands of "30 day returns" and millions of trade in devices. Most people only see the forward logistics side of the hardware business, there is a huge and very significant returns side of the business as well. If Apple ships 100 million handsets in a quarter, I assure you, millions of handsets also get returned for various reasons. These are the AS IS iPhones that all have a purchase date of April 1 1978. Apple had to pick a date so the field would not be empty, and it looks like April 1 1978 was chosen, but I think it was supposed to be April 1 1976, the day of Apple Inc.'s founding.

Apr 4, 2023 2:31 AM in response to wingman69

lmpressive research . April 1978 is not a random date or a typo . Remember , after setting up apple.inc in 1976 , things did not go as smooth as expected due to financial issues. Wayne sold his share to Jobs and Wozniak in January 1977 for $800 . Not long after then , the economic giant sir Mike Markkula came with around $250 000 to sponsor the industry . The processess of building the ecosystem spent almost a year . Industrial sales beggan in 1978 and if you clain to have an authentic apple product ... your purchase date is after 1 April 1978 . Those that are made before this date , were hand-made and are in museums or in hands of billionares by this day.

iPhone purchase date is 1 april 1978

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.